Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Blink 182..........you spoil us really


So, here was me thinking Karma was in actual fact a bitch and that it would not deal me the slightest bit of good luck. I had come to the conclusion that my summer'10 was a major dissapointment involving me going home early,not going out, being dirt poor, working, and not living up my last summer as a teenager.
Well all that changed last night.
God repayed me for my good behavior
And i got to see the punk/rock gods that are Blink 182.


Now some of you may find this tre cliche'd and just a bit lame as youve 'outgrown' that type of music. But seriously I had never been so excited to see a band in my life.
We qued for the best part of 7HOURS and painstakingly listened to 15year old emo-posers who were too busy taking photos of themselves to try and make the atmopshere a bit more lively. The average age kind of annoyed me, 14-17 id say,'when do you get your Junior Cert results?? I turn 17 next week!'' i mean these kids were probably in nappies when our age were rocking out to Blink back 6years ago. Yet their they were skulling back naggins of vodka like they were hArdCXre. *sigh* all fair in love and music i guess?!
I really did feel old in that que though :/
I duno maybe it was my fault my pre-concieved notion that a lot of people our age would be there??!



After all the waiting and being suffocated in the que we finally made it to the door and raced to the stage like kids at christmas dashing for presents. We let out screams of achievement when we hit the railings at the FRONT of the stage leaving all the teenie boppers flailing behind us in rage,hehehe. Myself karen liane and brian made it first,while we tried to spot the others which
led to me screaming at John and grabbing him quickly to make sure we all ended up at the front. The feeling of achievement between all of us was electric :)

The support act was Twin atlantic and they were quite good I have to say, and got the crowd started up into a sweaty mess.Note* Blink was also the sweatiest gig ive ever been to!*
after the support act there was a quick change of setting on the stage with a massive black curtain covering the front of the stage.
The house lights went down,and the crowd started to explode once again. The build-up was unbearable and fianlly the chords stuck for the first song 'Dumpweed' and the black curtain was dropped to reveal Mark,Tom and Travis who seemed more hyped up than us.
The show altoghether was sooo worth all that queing and suffocation and the 6years wait. They may be older now,but Blink still have that teenage-immaturity about them that makes them one of the most entertaining and fun bands to watch. Dirty Jokes everywhere,slagging the british, chants about toms mom,they definetely havent lost their touch.
*Photo credit to Sarah Meyler and sum dude off Flickr

We were a bit worse for wear after the gig. Dripping in sweat would be a good way to put it really! But it had been a brilliant night full of fun,laughs and kick-ass music.

xoxoxo












No comments: