Friday, March 11, 2011

A november late comer

Was asked to pick out my ultimate playlist of songs that relate to good memories or remind me of someone or someplace. Seemed like a bit of a retarded idea seeing as I can NEVER choose my favorite songs,but ive a good bot of time on my hands at the minute and I have my ipod handy so I might aswell give it a blast!

Adele- Hometown Glory(extended version)
The piano intro buildup into the first verse of this songs send chills down my spine.It is beautiful. Its one of those songs I only listen to when Im feeling down,and reminds me of my family and how close we actually are.Makes me appreciate them a lot,even when Im mad at them.

Kate Nash- Mouthwash
Whenever I get pissed off, I ALWAYS listen to this song.First time I ever saw Kate Nash was in a small tent in Oxegen 07, no one knew who she was, and i couldnt have cared less about her, until she sang. This song made me cry,which sounds really bloody stuipid,but the atmosphere in the tent at that moment was something I'll probably never experience again.Basically saying not to feel down about life,live it how you want,carefree and have fun and If you have to do that on your onwn, so be it. I went and got her album as soon as it came out after that. Ledge girl

Damien Rice- The blowers Daughter
Heard this on the movie 'Closer' which is one of my favorite movies of all time. It ended the movie with natalie portmans character walking down a street in new york,every man stared at her like she was a piece of meat but she didnt pay and head she just kept on walking.....into the road.Wether she dies or not no one knows,but its an epic song.

Prince- Purple Rain
For obvious reasons. This song is just perfect. Reminds me of my mom,she was maaaaad for Prince back in the day, she used to play his tapes in the car and I would sing along to them when i was a kid,she still goes gaga if they play this on the radio.Bless

Florence and the Machine- Howl
Loveing someone more than you should. Such an amazing song.LOVE IT.

David Guetta ft. Akon- Sexy B%*"h
1st Year of college. The first night out in fact! They played this non stop in button factory. I hated/loved that night for many reasons involving A lot of tequilla and dodgy friendships. Wouldnt go neeaaaaaar buttons now.After buttons, we went back to merville to chill out and crash,two of my friends put their jammies on and started playing this out in the hall,dancing like lunatics and giving it socks while everyone else was conked out. Funny as hell.

Daft Punk- One more time
Reminds me of rockfords back home in roscommon,the good drunken times in rockfords!Everyone off there faces shouting 'ONE MORE TIME!' over and over again just for laughs, a lot of chav dancing involved with this unfort,ha!

Kaskade- 4am(Adam K and soha Remix)
Really really chilled out song, i just listen to it when I need to chill out and de-stress also reminds me of all of michelle phans make-up tutorials!

Guillemots- Sea out
Such a powerful song although a little bit too long at 7minutes,but Fyfe Dangerfield's voice is just amazing and really hits you like a bullet.Again showing my appreciation for a good piano intro, this song always reminds me of a time when I was totally heartbroken. Funnily enough I never feel sad when I listen to this.

Paolo Nutini- Jenny dont be hasty
Its my favorite, everything about it is perfect. To me its about not letting someone you care about write you off when you have so much to give, even when its a lot more than what they deserve. Its a bit of a bitch slap song,its everything you wanted to say to that person and more.

No comments: