Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ale-whatro?

For those of you who havent seen the new Gaga video for 'Alejandro' I strongly recommend you watch it.

Its the subject of much speculation at the moment,with even Katy Perry slandering it as 'Blasphemy' yes that right, the christian woman who sang proudly about kissing a girl and liking it,is critizing Gaga for her use of religious imagery.
As much as I ADORE Katy Perry, I think that was a pretty stupid thing to say,coming from her.

But yeah Ive an opinion on the new video. The web is buzzing that the video stands for the mistreatment of Gay MEN within religion. Some people are reading waay to far into it though.
I love Gaga for the simple fact shes a 24 year old musical and lyrical genius, I dont rave about her avant garde fashion though. I think for the age she is,she has helped change a lot of stereotypes within the world of pop music and the predjudice that 'pop' music is cheesy,bad quality and cant be done live. With Gaga all that is untrue.

But Alejandro,the video had been a little bit of a let down for me. While I was watching the video,paticular scenes in it reminded me strongly of THREE Madonna videos, 'Like a prayer', 'Vogue and 'Erotic'. I dont know why but paticularly 'Vogue' when Gaga was dressed in a black pant suit and waistcoat,in a black and white scene dancing with her back-up dancers. It was like I was looking at madonna. Im not saying Gaga copied Madge, but it just strongly reminded me of these Vids.

Also Gun-bra? Now thats a littttttle bit controversial ( ahem madonna blonde ambition tour,cone bra)
Im actually not going to give my full opinion cos I know a lot of die-hard Gaga fans would probably come and hunt me down and choke me with red lace and a disco-disk!

Personally I do love Gaga, Im just not mad about the alejandro video, so dont hate!


xoxoxo

No comments: