Sunday, May 23, 2010

Settlin down

Before you even take it the wrong way.NO

Im quite unhappy to report that Im now back in roscommon. The reason why Im unhappy? No job,no money and no plans. Also im suffering severe Roebuck withdrawel symptoms.

Woke up on thursday mouring with a heavy heart and a weird feeling in my stomach as I looked around my room for the last time.
I had spent the night previously packing my clothes,books and everything I possibly own into bags.The worst was taking all my photos down because then the room looked really bare and it kinda hammered the final nail in the coffin to say that first year was over. I didnt like waking up to basically my life packed in bags and ready to go,it felt very very weird not at all like the excitment I experienced when I was packing to leave roscommon waaay back in september to move to dublin.
For those of you who may think Im being dramatic,you actually dont know the first thing about my life in the last 9-10months. I really did grow to love dublin,ucd,the people I lived with and the people around me. When you move away from your family,you really do have to start making a life for yourself outside of the protective blanket of cotton wool you have been growing up in for the last 18 or 19 years. And thats exactly what I did, I detatched myself from the life I had at home and learned to adapt to the surroundings and situations that I had found myself in.

Its just something we all have to do at one point of another.
Some people find it harder to do than others and like to still hold onto that little piece of the place they used to call home,and thats totally fine. But im the type of person who just wanted to let go of that. In a way its made moving back to roscommon a bit depressing,but I still have fantastic friends who mean the world to me,who live here in roscommon and Im grateful I get to spend time with them for the summer.
And im not goona lie,its reallllllllly nice to have food made for me for a while now :)

I know it will start all over again when we're all packing up in August to go back to college,But for now I gotta relax and enjoy the next 3months and see what happens. Hopefully a good paying job :P

xoxoxo

No comments: